Volunteer Opportunities at KYC include:
- Board Members define KYC’s social mission and direct the strategic plan.
- Card and Social Club volunteers make hand-made greeting cards for sale. All net proceeds are donated to Kenneth Young Center.
- Clerical Volunteers assist business operations staff with a variety of tasks or special projects like bulk mailings, data entry, and administrative projects.
- Drop-In Center Drivers are assigned to clients in Mount Prospect and offer transportation to and from the Center.
- Friendly Visitors for Adults volunteer directly with clients as companions and friends.
- Healing Garden meets twice during the week for one hour to help clients develop social and work skills in our garden.
- H.O.M.E. Support Volunteers are matched with a fragile or isolated elderly client to help with visiting, shopping or respite from one to three hours a week.
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers deliver hot meals to senior clients once a week over the noon hour, ensuring good nutrition and social contact for frail persons home alone.
- Money Management Volunteers help seniors with budgeting, check-writing or other financial tasks.
- Mt. Prospect Welcome Home is a new group we are trying to form to help adults transitioning from a nursing home to their own apartments.
- Rehabilitation Service Aides help a few hours each week to talk, interact, and take part in activities in the day program for clients with serious mental illness.
- Senior Advisory Councils and Committees share expertise. They are links to the community and give feedback.
- Seniors’ Benefit Aides help seniors apply for benefits and fill out applications.
- Seniors’ Case Aides help case managers in our senior program with administrative tasks and making phone calls to clients.
- Special Events Volunteers work on committees to plan and execute fundraising projects (i.e., Fashion Show Luncheon, Golf Outing and 5K Run/Walk). Committees can include: Fashion Show Luncheon, Golf Outing, 5K Run/Walk, and independent fund-raising projects.
View more information about each of these volunteer opportunities.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Colette Young, at 847-524-8800 x182 to learn how you can start volunteering.