Take a moment to share good memories and to learn how you are helping to change the world.
When: October 10th from 5:30pm-8:30pm
Where: Belvedere Banquets at 1170 W. Devon Avenue in Elk Grove Village
RSVP to Colette Young at colettey.kennethyoung.org or (847) 524-8800, ext. 182. Please leave your name and the name of your guest!
We hope to see you there!
Highlighted Volunteer Opportunity: Expanded Partnership with District 54 Schools
Kenneth Young Center is proud to announce our expanded partnership with Schaumburg Consolidated School District 54 to launch a pilot program in three schools: Lakeview Elementary, Muir Literacy Academy and Eisenhower Junior High. This pilot, developed in response to community needs, will support the mental health of young people which is pivotal to helping them develop into healthy and happy adults.
In collaboration with school social workers and administration, KYC will have a therapist on site at each of the schools starting at the end of the school day until 8 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays’. The program is targeted to begin in September at the start of the 2018/2019 school year. Families will be referred by school staff to receive individual and family therapy in their familiar and comfortable school environment with the goal of eliminating possible barriers to accessing these critical services.
KYC provides a suite of services to youth and families, including individual therapy, group therapy, behavioral support services (formerly known as mentoring), and child psychiatry. One of the goals of this new pilot is to directly connect District 54 families with the full array of KYC’s services, while remaining in an easily accessible location. With proactive approaches to behavioral health, students will learn the skills and strategies needed to manage their mental health, while destigmatizing therapy and services for students in need of support.
KYC is actively seeking committed, caring volunteers to provide administrative support for clients and families. Tasks will include welcoming clients & families to appointments, checking clients in for services, and office management for up to three nights a week. This important volunteer role is ideal for college students, retirees, and anyone interested in promoting healthy families.
For more information, please contact Colette Young at (847) 524-8800 ext. 182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a difference today. Volunteer opportunities at KYC include:
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteers assist the business operations staff with a variety of tasks or special projects like bulk mailings, data entry, and administrative projects.
- Board Members define KYC’s mission and direct the strategic plans for the organization. They play a significant role in the success and the future of Kenneth Young Center.
- Friendly Visitors for Adults volunteer directly with clients as companions and friends.
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers deliver hot meals to senior clients once a week over the noon hour, ensuring good nutrition, social contact, and wellness-checks for frail persons home alone.
- Money Management Volunteers help older adults with budgeting, check-writing, or other financial tasks.
- Older Adults Benefit Aides help seniors apply for benefits and fill out applications for SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program).
- Older Adults Case Aides help case managers in our seniors programs with administrative tasks and making phone calls to clients.
- Rehabilitation Service Aides help a few hours each week to talk, interact, and take part in activities in the day program for clients with serious mental illness.
- Special Events Volunteers work on committees to plan and execute fundraising projects and KYC’s 5K Run/Walk.
- The Senior Advisory Council and Committees share their expertise in issues that impact older adults. They are links to the community and give feedback.
Our volunteer opportunities are always changing, with new opportunities available regularly. Please contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Services at 847-524-8800 x182 to learn how you can make a difference, change the world, and volunteer!